Location: South San Francisco, CA, United States
Job Identification: 532
Job Schedule: Full time
Myriad Genetics is a trailblazing genetic testing company that has helped millions of patients make critical healthcare decisions. We are the leader of hereditary cancer screening and prenatal screening, innovating every day to empower women and their families to benefit from advanced molecular technologies.
We are looking for a talented, creative, and enthusiastic Computational Scientist to join our R&D team in South San Francisco. The ideal candidate is both collegial and highly driven, with a thirst to create new products that have far-reaching clinical impact. We are particularly interested in candidates who combine efficient and rigorous scientific inquiry with exceptional coding skills. The most appealing candidates will likely view further growth in coding proficiency as a virtuous life-long endeavor and derive joy from things like crafting a set of time-saving vim shortcuts, recreationally pushing code to open source projects of interest, and participating in hackathons.
What you'll do:
- Envision, design, build, validate, and launch new genomics products and product features that directly improve patients' lives
- Author optimized and reliable analysis pipelines applied to thousands of samples every day
- Rigorously analyze a variety of big datasets-including genomic data, clinical-outcomes data, lab-operations data, etc.-to gain actionable insights that get launched into the lab
- Amplify the productivity of the entire R&D team by creating time-saving software tools and environments
- Work on collaborative teams with talented experimental scientists, software engineers, automation engineers, and data scientists
- Communicate your results internally to key stakeholders and externally at conferences and in peer-reviewed literature.
(feel very encouraged to apply even if not all are met):
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Biophysics, Physics, Statistics, Molecular Biology, Genetics, or related discipline
- Exceptional software skills, preferably with fluency in Python
- Experience with Next Generation Sequencing strongly preferred but not required
- Conversant in molecular biology and genetics
- Impeccable integrity; palpable drive; the competence to be self-sufficient but the strong desire to be part of a supportive team
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/3bssz37rrpm7y5rg